go2zone water refill stations present a sustainable alternative to the 1.6 million plastic water bottles consumed yearly. Healthy Land and Water is dedicated to the care of our unique and beautiful land, waterways and biodiversity by providing a genuine alternative to single-use plastic water bottles and plastic litter in our waterways.
go2zone water refill stations are vending machine with two functions:
- Dispense beautiful, reusable glass or steel, socially responsible water bottles at a comparable price.
- Dispense FREE, chilled, clean, Australian water to refill bottles.
The machines are a result of rigorous research.
The success of this initiative will:
- Provide sufficient funds to stock the go2zone stations allowing access to FREE cold, filtered, clean Australian water
- Provide opportunity to purchase stylish and reusable glass or stainless steel bottles and help cut back on plastic litter
- Support the Healthy Land and Water Clean Up program and other initiatives
- Demonstrate the commitment of Brisbane as a progressive, socially responsible city
Did you know?
Tap water is clean
The Australian Drinking Water Guidelines cover management of tap water supply and are far more stringent than the Code that regulates bottled water.
Bottled water isn’t cheap
On average 1 litre of water costs more than 1 litre of petrol. The cost of producing the water is also costly. The plastic is derived from crude oil, fossil fuel is required for transportation and it takes approximately 3L of water to make just 1Litre of bottled water.
Although they can be recycled, many plastic bottles are used once then discarded ending up in our waterways killing marine life that mistake it for food - 30% of turtles found dead in Moreton Bay had ingested plastic. Plastic that ends up in landfill takes up to 1000 years to break down